Monday, September 12, 2011

MY NAME MICHELLE

My name is Michelle Van Campenhout, Michelle means “ Who is like god ” and Van Campenhout in dutch means “from wooden camp”. My name, Michelle is from the French origin. Well I got my name not from my parents but from aunt, funny huh, well I thought it was, especially on how she chose that name. My parents were looking through baby books and a fortune book to choose the right name for a certain baby or something like that, a fortune book is a book where you can find names that is good for luck and stuff like that, well my mother did have some ideas like Tanya, Sofia and Shanita, but it didn’t really fit me. My aunt suggested why not Michelle, my parents were a little confused and asked why, she answered back saying I look like Michelle Pfeiffer. When I heard about this story I was laughing my head off. Now my parents agreed to this, so that was my name till now, still my mother wants me to have Tanya as my Thai name or middle name since I don’t have one. Well that’s how I got my name. Reason why my mom wanted Tanya was because in collage she had always admired her statistic teacher whom was name Tanya.

When I researched my name I was surprised of what it meant, Who is like god... what those that mean, well I do rule a lot of people’s mind moohahahaha, no just joking. I think it means power, pride and good moral, like a god. This name really suites me if that is the meaning, because I do have that attitude I like to be proud of my work and team, and power, I sometimes like to take control but I don’t like to show of my skill in any rude way like bragging.

I have a nickname that suites my real name and it’s Mimi. I got this name because my parents use to have something in their hands that I like and they would say who wants it, so I would say me me me, so that’s how I got my nickname. They called me Mimi because it works good for my attitude, because I want it but that was when I was smaller. I have been teased with this name a few times in the school in Korea, the teacher always asked for help to give out a few sheets and so on, so students would raise their hands to help and I would be one of them. Then the teacher would be like “ me me me” in an Oprah tone, I wouldn’t call it teasing because I found it funny as well, I would actually blush. My real name Michelle, has been teased but only by my cousins. They would call me something horrible in Thai which is inappropriate if I was to translate it to
English. Other than that, I have never been teased by my classmates and friends.

When I was around 4 or 5 years old I have wanted to change my name into Raven or Jade. I chose these because I thought that my name Michelle wasn’t that tuff, the reason why said all this was because I use to play tag by chase boys with my friends, I was fastest runner in the group of girls. Other than these names I still kept Michelle as my favorite.

I like my name a lot! Because I know a lot of people who are famous that has the same name, and even a SONG! Here are some famous people who has the same name as me like Michelle Pfeiffer, Michelle Obama, Michelle Yeoh, Michelle Wie and Michelle Kwan. It makes me feel special because I feel a connection with my names and theirs. Also the Beatles made a song called “Michelle”.

No comments:

Post a Comment