Wednesday, September 28, 2011

10 memories for Taylor Mali

Talyor Mali, a poet, came to visit us at school to tell us about poetry. He shared a few of his poems that he did and it was really different from other poems. He told us that " a poem is a lie that tells the truth." It was little bit confusing to me but when he explained what he ment I could understand. Then he told us that we needed to write 10 memories that we could remember since we were 2 years old.

I remember when I was 2 years old I was in a hotel room with my uncle and my cousin who was a few months younger. My uncle was asleep in the bed, I tried to wake him up because I was hungry but he wouldn't wake up. I decided to wait for a while so I sat next to my cousin who was watching T.V. I couldn't wait any longer so I bit my cousin. I was so hungry I didn't know what to do and until now he still has the bite mark.

I remember when I was 8 years old I went to a temple in Thailand with my family and in the temple there was a little monkey. I wondered why they kept a baby monkey in the temple, but I came to the baby monkey and gave him a peanut. Then my cousins came and scared the monkey and it clung on to me and bit me on my knee. It didn't hurt because his teeth were still little and it didn't go deep into my skin. I was really surprise but I was not hurt and that was all.

I remember when I was 10 years old I did horse back riding near where I live and I have done this for 1 year and a half. On the last day of my lesson I was riding a horse named Mal. This was a stubborn horse. I had to do a jump while in cantering mode. I did my jump and then slipped of the horse. I landed on my bottom and was lucky to land inside the arena and not to be stood on by the horse. My instructor come out to calm the horse down and to see if I was alright. I was able to stand but I couldn't sit down.

I remember when I was 3 years old my aunt would feed me oranges. Each time she feeds me I would make a sour face as if she was feeding me lemons instead. It would always make her laugh.


I remember when I was 8 years old I was in Holland with my friend. We were eating french fries. I bit the french fries and my molar broke in half. It didn't fall out yet so we went to the dentist and he pulled it out.

I remember when I was 3 years old I owned my first dog. It was like a shepard mix. His name was Nino, I loved him so much. I came up to him to pat him but since I was 3 I didn't know how to approach him, so I patted his head and he bit me. I was crying because he bit me so hard on the side of my hand.

I remember when I was 6 years old it was the first time I rode a camel. I was still to young to go on by my self so my mom sat with me. It was fun but it was also uncomfortable, because we had to sit between the humps of the camel.

No comments:

Post a Comment